The Busy Beaver Store
The Busy Beaver stocks a range of everyday items including groceries, snack foods, confectionery, soft drinks, tobacco products, over-the-counter drugs, toiletries, newspapers, and magazines. The Busy Beaver Store has a connecting laundry mat with industrial washer and dryers available.
PHONE: (780) 623-6530
HOURS (TEMPORARY DUE TO COVID-19):
Monday – Friday | 8:30AM – 10:00PM
Saturday | 9:00AM – 10:00PM
Sunday | 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Spruce Point Resort (CLOSED FOR 2023 SEASON)
Open for Band Members Only
Beaver Lake Cree Nation owns and operates a 142–site seasonal campground situated on the shores of picturesque Beaver Lake. Natural sand beaches, plentiful poplar trees, and bountiful fish make Spruce Point a favoured destination for local, regional, and international outdoor enthusiasts. Located six kilometres south of Lac La Biche in Lakeland County, a well-known mecca in north eastern Alberta for nature devotees, Spruce Point Resort and Campground hosts picnics and other outdoor functions throughout the summer.
Spruce Point offers both power and non-power stalls, as well as a day use area and playground, and is ideal for families who have travelled to the area to attend the many local events including Beaver Lake Cree Nation’s annual Pow Wow, the Kikino Rodeo, the Lac La Biche Pow Wow Days, the annual Agricultural fair and more. A convenience store and gas pumps are located nearby.
Spruce Point Resort (SPR) has put a number of measures in place as part of Alberta’s safely staged COVID-19 relaunch. During this time SPR is only offering camping and day use to our nation members. This includes both on and off reserve members. Camping occupancy is currently limited to 50 per cent (50%) capacity. Reduced capacity helps to ensure that SPR is respecting current physical distancing requirements.
Please take some time to review SPR guidelines prior to your visit:
- SPR curfew is from 11:00pm – 7:00am daily.
- Group camping is not permitted during this time.
- No more than 50 people in the day use areas (Point and Beachfront)
- Access to the shower house is restricted for the 2020 season.
- Only one household is allowed per campsite with a maximum of six people per site.
- Camper trailers, RV’s and other self-contained camping units are highly recommended, but tenting is still permitted.
- SPR is only accepting payment through e-transfer at this time to limit the use of monetary transactions.
- Dump station is located at the shower house and still available for campers
- Continue to practice physical distancing. Keeping a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet) apart from anyone outside of your camping party.
- Don’t visit SPR if you are sick or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- For everyone’s safety, please come prepared with your own fire wood, water, snacks, toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before and after using high-touch shared amenities like washrooms, fish cleaning stations, boat launches, docks, and dumping stations.
- Leave no trace. Pack out what you pack in. This will help keep SPR clean and reduce the risk of human-wildlife encounters.
- Follow the advice of public health experts to protect yourself and others during this pandemic.
- Beaver Lake Cree Nation and SPR are not responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged property, or injury during your stay.
- No lifeguard on duty. All children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult. Life Jackets are highly recommended.
We apologize for any inconvenience to our valued, non-member campers at this time. As the Beaver Lake Cree Nation and SPR continue to monitor the pandemic situation in Alberta, we are hoping to open back up to full capacity and allow everyone to come and enjoy our beautiful resort. Please keep an eye out for any updates. We thank all members and Albertans for their cooperation and understanding during this process.
|Extra Vehicle per Stall
|Left Point/Right Point
|**Fire wood is not for sale during this time, please come prepared.
If you would like to make a reservation or have any other questions please submit your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information and to book your campsite contact:
PHONE: (780) 623-3930