Executive Administrative Assistant
The mission of the BLCN is to provide integrated services that will enhance, educate, & empower NEHIYAW – PIMATISOWIN and self-sustaining community. The BLCN is a proud and safe holistic self-sustaining Nehiyaw Nation through the guidance, knowledge and sharing of miyowahkohtowin, leadership, and Elders founded on our inherent rights, law and the Treaty.
Reporting to the Tribal Administration, this full time position provides executive assistance to the Tribal Administrator and Chief & Council. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, a personable attitude and professional work style, and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information and documents. They will have the ability to take precise minutes, have strong written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe, & Outlook. Must also be familiar with photocopy, fax, scan machines.
- Scheduling meetings;
- Coordinating travel arrangements;
- Preparing agenda and materials for meetings;
- Recording & Transcribing meeting minutes;
- Assisting with event coordination including managing registration;
- Assisting with special projects and research;
- Preparing reports, filing and organizing documents;
- Documenting incoming and outgoing mail correspondence;
- Performing tasks as required
- High school diploma;
- Post-Secondary Courses in administration or a related discipline or a;
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience providing executive level support;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- Social Media experience, including apps such as Zoom, GoTo Mtgs, Google Meet.
- Minimum class 5 license
- Knowledge of BLCN mandate and BLCN priorities
Interested in candidates can submit a cover letter, resume and two reference letters to the attention of Jolene Anderson – Tribal Administrator email@example.com
**The Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found**