Duties & Responsibilities
- The Electoral officer is responsible for the BLCN election procedures.
- Ensures that all necessary preparations are under taken for the proper conduct of the Election or By-election
- Including the arrangement of polling places
- Preparation of proper election facilities and voting compartments
- Preparation of ballots
- Acquisition of ballot boxes,
- Preparation of written voting instructions
- Ensuring polling clerk and interpreters are available at each polling place and proper completion of any other necessary and incidental administrative functions.
- Impartial and has no vested interest in the outcome of the Beaver Lake Cree Nation election
- Is First Nations
- At least 25 years of age
- Has experience in conduct of elections or has received appropriate training with certification
- Swear an Oath to uphold Office
- Criminal Record Check
- Must have valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Cree is an asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent (s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities required of the position.
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Location:||Office space available at the BLCN Band Office, 010 NE 4 66 13 W4- Cardinal Drive AB.|
|To Apply:||Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (name and contact info). Address your cover letter / resume to the attention of HUMAN RESOURCE, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the BLCN Administration Office|
|Closing Date:||October 21,2022|