First Nation Health Centre
Beaver Lake Health Services administers a number of community programs supporting a suite of community-based and community-delivered initiatives and strategies that collectively aim to improve health outcomes and reduce health risks in three targeted areas: children and youth, chronic disease and injury prevention, and mental health and addictions.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH
- Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program (CPNP)
- Aboriginal Head Start on Reserve (AHSOR)
CHRONIC DISEASE AND INJURY PREVENTION
- Aboriginal Diabetes Initiatives (ADI)
MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS
- National Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program (NNADAP)
- Brighter Futures
- Mental Health
- Youth Solvent Abuse Program (YSAP)
- National Aboriginal Youth Suicide Prevention Strategy (NAYSPS)
Health Protection and Public Health
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL
- Blood Borne Pathogens & Sexually Transmitted Infections – HIV/AIDS
- Home and Community Care (FNIHCC)
- Community Health Representative (CHR)
- Support Services
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM
- Environmental Health – Drinking Water Safety
- Medical Transportation
- Gas Support
- Medical Transportation, Direct
BEAVER LAKE MEDICAL VAN
EARLY LEARNING CHILDCARE
Wah-Pow Treatment Centre (Closed Until Further Notice)
The Beaver Lake Wah-Pow Treatment Centre is an accredited not-for-profit organization that delivers holistic alcohol and drug treatment programs to couples and individuals who are ready to work towards sobriety. Operating since 1984,the Beaver Lake Wah-Pow Treatment Centre is located 15 kilometres south east of Lac La Biche on Beaver Lake Cree Nation. The Centre provides an intensive 49-day holistic program specializing in the treatment of trauma and abuse. The program includes group lectures, role playing, video, and other presentations; additionally, a number of recreational activities are available.
A sweat lodge, pipe ceremonies, cultural dances, seasonal Pow Wows, and daily smudging and prayer help to promote and maintain a balance of the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being of each client.
Individual clients are accommodated in a shared, spacious, and comfortable room while couples reside in shared cabins. There is 24-hour security as well as round-the-clock counseling services on-site.
WAH-POW TREATMENT CENTRE
Lac La Biche, AB